
Connor built sand castles, collected rocks and shells, and ran through the waves!!

Carson could live on the water with ease!! Give him a tube and let him go!!

Connor is a great floater...The soft waves this day put him to sleep for and hour!! It is rare that I am able to snuggle with my busy two year old!!

This is the sign outside of the fish place across from the beach!! This place is a 6th generation restaurant that has fresh fish delivered daily!! I loved the lake perch!! You walk in and pick your fish and watch them cook it up for you!!! mmmmm fresh and delicious!!

Father and son were inseparable in the waves the whole week!!

Connor loved to be buried...It was funny to watch him sit there and smile under all that sand!!

Putting the goggles on was easy but convincing him to put his head under water not so much!

Who's toes??


Not bad writing eh?? Not long before Carson will be starting kindergarten!!!!

The waves were so high on the lake that day!! The news was saying that the waves were reaching 6ft!! I was almost swept away by them a time or two!! Lots of fun! You could see white caps all the way out to the horizon!! The flags on the beach were red (meaning no swimming) but everyone ignored them!

The waves knocked Carson around that day too...but he always went back for more!! He keeps asking me when we can go back to our "vacation home."

Connor needs to put some fat on his bones. All week at the beach his crack was out!!

Toni and Cliff joined us for a few days and they really bonded with the kids!! I love this picture of them!

We decided to stay in a cabin in Pentwater (about 15 minutes south of ludington). Pentwater was much more relaxed and not crowded like Ludington!! We found out about this little known public beach from a neighbor at our cabin who has been coming back with his WHOLE FAMILY for 50 years now!!! We did spend some time at Ludington State park riding our bikes 8 miles, climbing light houses, visiting their nature center, taking a skyline tour with some beautiful views of the lake trees and dunes, and tubing down the sable river into Lake Michigan!! More picture to come!! YEP I AM NOT DONE YET!!
2 comments:
What a great week and great family vacation.. Your activities remind me of all the summers when the girls and I went camping at Caseville State Park. Oh, the memories we still have of those times. I loved hearing about all the adventures you have. Good talking to you.
I am glad you found the more laid back beach.. Great pictures as always.
Love
Grandma
Connor's toes , Keep the picturs to review when U start writing books. I know, after they are both in school. It will B gerat knowing a famous author. Love ned
Post a Comment